Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Inaugural Blog

Hey Ya'll! Welcome to the inaugural Frog Blog, the blog I have created to share my dating experiences, advice, and words of wisdom. Because we all know that to get to your Prince (not the Purple One, but the man of yo' dreams!), you gotta kiss a lotta frogs. And let me tell you, some of those frogs are the worst kissers in the world, or they have zero bedside manner, or they don't even get to the kiss because they're ridiculously weird. I know that if I've been through it, you've probably been through it too, so I thought it might be fun to share some of those crazy stories so you don't feel so bad for thinking "WTF is wrong with this dude?" or worse, "WTF is wrong with ME?"

So let me tell you a little bit about myself. I'm a SWF with an attitude. I have been called funny, and sometimes bitchy, and I put them together to create the image that is The Big E. Sarcasm is probably my most endearing and most polarizing quality. I'm a caring person, and a giving person, but I'm also a princess and I'm proud. I have realized over the years that you can be ready to settle down, but you should never settle. I wear my heart on my sleeve, and hiding my feelings on anything is usually an exercise in futility. This works for and against me at times, especially in relationships. I have pretty high standards, both for myself and others. I have been called "Napoleon" for being stringent in those standards (and also for being short), but I find that my diminuitive stature and unwavering hard-headedness have served me well. However, it hasn't stopped me from going out with a bunch of dudes that were all wrong for me, and it hasn't kept me from getting my heart broken or my feelings hurt. Nobody's perfect.
That said, I hope you enjoy my blog, and please feel free to comment and send me email with your stories, questions, or nuggets of wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment